Thursday 1 April 2010

daily poem: Wet Evening in April / Patrick Kavanagh


Trust National Poetry Month to happen at the same time as ScriptFrenzy (30 days, 100 pages, yiiikes), it's going to be a busy (and fun) few weeks! You'll be able to follow my ScriptFrenzy progress over at my film blog The Usherette, from April 2nd onwards, when I'll be living deadline free for a wee while at least! So, here's a little gem from Patrick Kavanagh to start off our poetical April, and very appropriate it is - as I type blustery wind and April showers are rattling the windowpanes, time to get under the duvet with a mug of something piping hot and chocolatey...


Wet Evening in April
Patrick Kavanagh

The birds sang in the wet trees
And as I listened to them it was a hundred years from now
And I was dead and someone else was listening to them.
But I was glad I had recorded for him
The melancholy.



Photo by Bator Horvath

3 comments: